Tuesday, March 15, 2011

Happy

"Nora, I'm just so happy!"
"Why are you happy, Silas?"
"I'm just so happy being an apricot!"
"Ok...  Me, too..."
"Know what makes me happy?"
"What, Avery?"
"Pushing Silas in a pile of grass."
"Very funny.  What else?"
"I like climbing to the very top branches of the apricot tree, where they're just about to bend because they're so thin, and looking out over the whole town from the top of my very own tree."
"Except it's our tree, too."
"True.  But I'm happy to share it with you two.  Nora, what makes you happy?"
"When the sun shines through the clouds and makes those shafts of light come down, I like that."
"Excellent!"
"And when Silas comes home with grass sticking all over him."
"Not you, too, Nora!"
"You make us happy, Silas!"
"I don't know what to say."
"Say, 'I'm happy!'"
Together:  "We're happy!!"

No comments: